Hey, love the blog! I'm studying in Taiwan right now, but when I return I'll be at a top grad school. I'll be a TA/TF, and I've heard that a big challenge (especially in humanities departments, vs. business or law) will be distinguishing myself from the undergrads. I need to dress like a grown-up, but at the same time I don't want to look like my 60-something year old professors. What would you recommend? I'm on the "ramen budget", and as long as the clothes will see me through school I'm OK.
- comme-des-antelopes likes this
- myhyunni likes this
- evolvingstyle said:It might depend on the culture of the grad school and department. I started wearing a tie part way through grad school, and never worried about looking like a douche. Grad school is a transition point in academia. It makes sense to dress like it.
- hardcoresoftcore likes this
- bonumasai likes this
- jiforce likes this
- klickhere likes this
- thefirstnoelanthony likes this
- abitoutofmyelement likes this
- colonialgoods likes this
- bingbangs likes this
- alvinctse likes this
- thesilentist posted this