First day of the November of Dressing Nicely. “Worked” from home today, so I kept things pretty casual. And, yes, the “old man” sweater is back. I love this thing.
Is a chunky knit sweater “essential”? For me, it is. I wore this quite often last fall and winter and intend to do likewise this season. You don’t need a closet full of them — in fact, you probably only need one quality one. There’s not much it doesn’t go with — chinos, jeans, flannel trousers — and can be used as an outer layer in the warmer fall days and a thicker layer in the winter under a parka.
As for which one to get, that’s going to depend on your budget. This particular one is from Lands’ End Canvas last fall that I got for around $60 (I think) on sale. It’s probably tougher to find one at that price, but keep any eye out for sales and whatnot during the holiday season.
Fit details after the jump:
- Shirt: MyTailor.com red gingham button-down
- Sweater: Grey donegal wool chunky knit shawl collared cardigan from Lands’ End Canvas
- Pants: Brooks Brothers Milano cut in navy
- Socks: Pantherella in grey wool
- Shoes: Allen Edmonds Slayton in walnut tan
- Tie: Nick Bronson silk knit
- Watch: Vintage Bulova on Brooks Brothers strap
- nickelcobalt likes this
- gogomenswear reblogged this from thesilentist
- stylegirlfriend likes this
- gogomenswear likes this
- forreferenceonly likes this
- reachhard likes this
- sashu likes this
- sashu said: YOU HAVE A FACE! Also. that ouftit is simple, but works really well. Good job, sir.
- acuteobtuse likes this
- godfatherofsol likes this
- atumblratrandom said: YAY NODN!
- atumblratrandom likes this
- aldoushuxtable likes this
- nachodiet likes this
- adistinctivetaste likes this
- thesilentist posted this