The new job is treating me well, and the one interesting (but not unexpected) thing is that wearing dress trousers is more out of place than denim. While I don’t mind being different, it’s nice to have the option (and I probably won’t be wearing my suits anytime soon unless I have a meeting with a client outside our offices).
Anyhow, fairly basic setup here: tweed and denim. Not sure what made me think to wear a pink OCBD, but I felt it would look good and more casual than perhaps white or ecru.
Because the pattern of the jacket is really “heavy” visually, I decided that I wanted stronger silk elements to contrast against it, hence the boldly striped club tie and dotted pocket square.
Fit details after the jump:
ADDING: plywould replied:
Nice ‘fit… but if you keep this up, you’re going to have to nix that “…without a face” tagline…
I’m showing my mug for #NoDN. After this month, back to cutting my head off.
- Jacket: Hart Schaffner Marx brown herringbone tweed (thrifted)
- Shirt: Brooks Brothers ESF pink OCBD
- Tie: Iroquois Paper Co. silk repp (thrifted)
- Square: Nordstrom Rack
- Belt: Military surplus web belt
- Pants: Edwin denim
- Socks: Pantherella
- Shoes: Allen Edmonds McAllister in chocolate suede
- onlyamongmany likes this
- bingbangs likes this
- pimentocheese likes this
- nachodiet likes this
- plywould said:Nice ‘fit… but if you keep this up, you’re going to have to nix that “…without a face” tagline…
- sashu said:Killer jacket + tie. Not a big fan of the jeans, but that’s mostly because I don’t really like cuffs on blue jeans.
- thisandthatstyle reblogged this from thesilentist
- thisandthatstyle likes this
- thesilentist posted this