I’ve been stretching to do more casual stuff lately. It’s a bit of a change for me, but it’s not exactly difficult to do.
If your workplace (or lifestyle) is denim-friendly, then it’s pretty easy to fall into the slump of throwing on a button-down collar shirt (left untucked) and call it a day. Instead, try to go for a bit more cleaner look — least in the colder months when you can make use of layers.
Tuck in the shirt, throw on a sweater (or in this case, a sweater-vest) and select a jacket made from a more casual fabric — like tweed, cotton, corduroy or moleskin.
Neckties aren’t necessary (gasp!), but get yourself a nice silk square with a pattern or design on it for a slight bit of sophistication.
To really anchor this down though, get a great pair of shoes. Denim and brown brogues will look fantastic. It’d be tempting to go with more casual footwear, I know, but don’t. If you don’t typically wear your “nice shoes”, then here’s a chance.
Fit details after the jump:
- Jacket: Grey donegal tweed (part of suit, eBay)
- Vest: Red cashmere from Club Room (Macy’s in-house label)
- Shirt: Nordstrom 1901 white OCBD
- Square: Nordstrom Rack
- Belt: L.L.Bean Chino belt
- Pants: Edwin denim
- Socks: J.Crew Factory
- Shoes: Allen Edmonds Strand in walnut calf
- cosmedaniel reblogged this from thesilentist
- preachwithstyle reblogged this from thesilentist
- onlyamongmany likes this
- christopho reblogged this from thesilentist
- kleidsam reblogged this from thesilentist and added:
- nachodiet reblogged this from thesilentist and added:
- nachodiet likes this
- girouxmcisaak likes this
- taelordexistence reblogged this from thisandthatstyle
- bmichael likes this
- funkyprez likes this
- geezush likes this
- acuteobtuse likes this
- evolvingstyle likes this
- neartransparent likes this
- bespokenn likes this
- bigfatshoe likes this
- sashu said:slowly improving your business casual/smart casual game. thumbs up.
- sashu likes this
- weformlikevoltron likes this
- thisandthatstyle reblogged this from thesilentist and added:
- ten9ten likes this
- thisandthatstyle likes this
- thesilentist posted this