I haven’t been doing WIWT pictures recently because I’m at the point of repeating myself quite a bit now — which isn’t a bad thing. So, today I decided to work in some other things I’ve ignored in my closet.
I have a bit of a collection of silk knits from Lands’ End and yet find myself keeping on going back to navy ties most of the time. I’ve been a fan of keeping it somewhat monochrome and working only in shades blue, grey, navy and white and future purchases will probably follow along those lines quite heavily.
But I don’t mind adding another color in once in a while, which is fairly easy to do with those previously mentioned. And while I give props to those who often dance with colors, patterns and textures in a harmonious way, I’m finding it’s simply not something I’m finding myself doing all that often. Maybe the colder weather and layering will change that. Or not.
Fit details after the jump:
Shirt: Brooks Brothers extra slim fit OCBD in blue
Pants: Haspel seersucker (part of suit)
Shoes: Brooks Brothers white bucks (eBay)
Belt: White military surplus web belt
Tie: Lands’ End silk knit
Square: Nordstrom Rack
Watch: Seiko automatic (vintage) on navy nylon band (vintage)
- forreferenceonly likes this
- acollectedgentleman likes this
- alfargo likes this
- evolvingstyle reblogged this from thesilentist and added:
- whataqueerbird likes this
- shermantank likes this
- acuteobtuse likes this
- 17lettersfromark likes this
- girouxmcisaak said: I think the shirt might be too close to the pants in shade. I think it’s a great color match with navy/green, but it almost looks like a jumpsuit.
- thesilentist posted this