I wanted to make sure those of you in Chicago blocked out part of this upcoming Saturday for NorthernGRADE Men’s Pop-Up Market, which is making its debut here in the Windy City for the first time. The event will be from 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. at Open Secret Studios, 401 N. Racine and is being organized by Pierrepont Hicks and Well-Spent with sponsorship from Haberdash and Penelope’s.
The list of vendors is rather impressive and it’s always nice to see things in person and meet the people making them. Here’s who’ll be there:
- Penelope’s (Sponsor) - Chicago, IL
- Haberdash (Sponsor) - Chicago, IL
- Red Wing - Red Wing, MN
- Tellason - San Francisco, CA
- Winter Session - Chicago, IL
- Pierrepont Hicks - Minneapolis, MN
- Oak St. Bootmakers - Chicago, IL
- Independence - Chicago, IL
- Portland General Store – Portland, ME
- Field Notes - Chicago, IL
- Archival Clothing – Eugene, OR
- MidNorth Mercantile - Minneapolis, MN
- Stormy Kromer – Ironwood, MI
- Sir & Madame - Chicago, IL
- Locally Grown - Des Moines, IA
- Corter Leather – Boston, MA
- Inland Clothing – Chicago, IL
- Heritage Bicycles - Chicago, IL
- Drift Eyewear - Chicago, IL
If you didn’t know, NorthernGRADE seeks to promote made-in-America brands and is organized by the people behind them. I think that’s a cool thing and am glad to see it’s expanding and growing. I plan on being there and you should go check it out as well.
A Chicago menswear startup is looking for a temporary, part-time consultant to help them with setting up their digital ad buys and working with referral networks. Yes, this is a paid opportunity.
Process would involve advising on ad creatives, A-B testing, placements and configuration of campaigns, optimization based on performance of campaigns. Show up, tell them how to set things up and run it on their own and you get paid — simple.
If you’ve got a background or interest in menswear online retail ad campaigns that’s awesome, but not necessary if you’ve done campaign setups in the past. Bonus points if you’re in Chicago, however, it’s not entirely necessary, either.
If this sounds like the moonlight mercenary gig you’d be interested in doing, then e-mail me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I’ll pass your information along and put you in touch.
(P.S.: This job opportunity is not the company I work for, in case you were wondering.)